Blue metal quarry crusher has a long time develop history.
- The first quarry for the basalt was at Pike's Hill, on the western fringe of the town. The stone was crushed largely by hand, after it was blasted from the quarry face. Men with spalling hammers broke it up into 'spalls', then others with knapping hammers, or crushing machines, into the required size.
- The first railway in Australia was the Sydney to Parramatta line, opened in 1855. All of these required roadbed of south coast blue metal, and the little ships were kept busy supplying this need.
- By 1880 Kiama blue metal quarry crusher had become the principal provider of the colony's needs, and hundreds of tons a week were being sent to Sydney in the little ships that became known as the 'Stone Fleet'.
- From the 1870s Kiama's basalt was seen to be suitable for railway and tramway ballast, and for road base material and a significant trade in the crushed rock developed.
- The growth in blue metal traffic caused increasing concern about the side effects on the town. Up to 30 dray loads a day took the crushed stone from the quarries above the town to the ships.
- Hoppers for loading the blue metal quarry crusher into the ships were constructed along the eastern side of Robertson Basin. The tramway wagons ran up on top of the hoppers and dropped their loads ready for the ships.
- Through the twenties the blue metal trade continued to grow as demand rose from the expanding rail, road and tramway systems. The arrival of electricity in Kiama in 1923 enabled production to be increased, and new quarries were opened.
Nows, These blue metal quarry crusher are processed using the advanced machinery and technology and are in compliance with set industry norms. Available in both standards and as per specific requirements of customers, these blue metal quarry crusher are highly appreciated by our customers for their high quality and strength. For a broad range of construction purpose, these blue metal quarry crusher are considered as an appropriate choice. As per the various requirements of the customers, we are offering these products in various specifications and quantities. We are offering these products to the customers at the market leading price range.